Just for a bit of variety, I added some flowers and circles to the background. I see it as some sort of a lizard like creature, but I've been told it looks like a mole. This is why I love splotch monsters. No pressure to make it look like any specific creature.
Bridgen is one of those tangles that looks easy, but then proves to be tricky once you try it, at least that was so for me. I went through several unsuccessful attempts before I ended up with this one.
The challenge here is to create a whole piece in just 15 minutes. Drawing, shading, everything.
The notebook I use for Diva's Challenge entries is 6x6" while the official zentangle size is only 3.5x3.5", so my surface is almost three times the regular size, that's a lot of extra space to work with, which I love, but in this case it doesn't help. Still, I thought I'd be all right by using pens of bigger sizes. Perhaps it would have worked if I didn't choose to start with Cubine. I knew it would take me too long as soon as I started, even with a medium Copic brush pen. I hurried, hurried, hurried and got this:
But it took me 23 minutes. I think it's all right, but in terms of the challenge it's a fail.
Not wanting to settle for a failed attempt I gave it another shot. I started with a 3.5x3.5" square to be true to the Zentangle format and went for really simple tangles to make it easier to finish the task in time. I took a deep breath and dived into it. Fifteen minutes exactly and here's the result:
Not a bad one, I think. The paradox turned out nice this time.
I am glad I did this one, but I am ready to go back to relaxed drawing without a ticking clock in the background now.
This was a simple and enjoyable challenge. Use Mooka - that's all. This was the first time I used Mooka as far as I can remember. I added it to my book of tangles and went on with creating the challenge piece. In addition to Mooka I used Huggy Bear, Artoo and a few others (I am terrible at remembering names). I think Artoo and mooka go great together.