Saturday, June 2, 2012

Diva's Challenge #17

Diva's Challenge #17 - 15 Minutes of Fame

The challenge here is to create a whole piece in just 15 minutes. Drawing, shading, everything.

The notebook I use for Diva's Challenge entries is 6x6" while the official zentangle size is only 3.5x3.5", so my surface is almost three times the regular size, that's a lot of extra space to work with, which I love, but in this case it doesn't help. Still, I thought I'd be all right by using pens of bigger sizes. Perhaps it would have worked if I didn't choose to start with Cubine. I knew it would take me too long as soon as I started, even with a medium Copic brush pen. I hurried, hurried, hurried and got this:


But it took me 23 minutes. I think it's all right, but in terms of the challenge it's a fail.

Not wanting to settle for a failed attempt I gave it another shot. I started with a 3.5x3.5" square to be true to the Zentangle format and went for really simple tangles to make it easier to finish the task in time. I took a deep breath and dived into it. Fifteen minutes exactly and here's the result:



Not a bad one, I think. The paradox turned out nice this time.

I am glad I did this one, but I am ready to go back to relaxed drawing without a ticking clock in the background now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment