Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Floral

Florals are not my strong point. I usually get frustrated with them, add to much details and it goes downhill easily and fast. Doesn't stop me from going back to them often. What can I say, I am stubborn. 

This is my latest shot at it:


To paint this I used wax aquarelle pencils and a pen on watercolor paper. The dimensions are 4x6 inches. 

The wax watercolors are totally new to me. I bought them without knowing anything about them. I searched the net and couldn't find much info. When used dry on dry surface they work pretty much like regular wax crayons. Once the water is used over them, they melt and the look turns into something much like watercolor paints. They are very easy to use and great for backgrounds. It was very interesting playing with them and I have no doubt that I will be using them again and exploring their possibilities.

Have you used wax watercolors? Do you have any tips and tricks on how to get the best out of them? If you do, share please. I am all ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment